At Engle Eyewear in Wilkes Barre, PA, we are committed to providing exceptional eye care for various conditions, including computer vision. If you suffer from computer vision, here's what you need to know and how we can help you.
What is Computer Vision?
Computer vision is a condition that can result from extended periods spent staring at a computer screen. The symptoms include eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision, and neck and shoulder pain. If you have computer vision, you may have difficulty focusing on your screen and experience dry eyes. Although computer vision is not a serious eye condition, it can hamper productivity and quality of life.
Treating Computer Vision
Fortunately, computer vision is highly treatable, and we have several options to help. Firstly, you can opt for prescription glasses that are designed to be used while using a computer. These glasses have an anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and makes it easier to focus on the screen. Alternatively, we can provide you with lenses that block blue light emitted by digital screens, which can reduce eyestrain and headaches associated with computer vision. You can also get contact lenses to help improve your sight and lessen eye fatigue.
Protecting Your Eyes from Computer Vision
In addition to our in-office treatment, there are several guidelines you can follow to help protect your eyes from computer vision. These include:
- Give your eyes a break every 20 minutes while using the computer. Look at an object 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds, also known as the 20-20-20 rule.
- Set blinking reminders. You may not realize how infrequently you blink while using a computer. Blinking more often can help lubricate your eyes and limit side effects.
- Always work on a computer with adequate lighting. Proper lighting limits eye strain.
- Keep your computer monitor one arm's length away from your eyes.
- Always schedule an annual eye exam to ensure your vision is healthy.
These behavioral tips combined with contact lenses or blue light glasses can help alleviate your symptoms of computer vision.
Contact Engle Eyewear in Wilkes Barre for Computer Vision Treatment
At Engle Eyewear, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional eye care and customer service. Our experienced optometrist can diagnose computer vision, explain all your treatment options, and provide comprehensive follow-up care. If you suffer from computer vision, call us today at (570) 208-1111 to book an appointment with our optometrist.